It is currently Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:19 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 2 of 3   [ 24 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: Re: Suggestion Time Again!
PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 12:03 pm 

SEI Name: Spooky
I don't think imposing lower limits on clans is a good idea with the player base at its current population. In all honesty whats stopping a clan from making a duplicate and functioning as a cohesive unit?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 12:55 pm 
Page
Page

SEI Name: katana
you got a point there spooky :o

SpaceDoG wrote:
Clan limits only work when there are players...

and this too is true. but, why would any new player keep playing when he got hit by one of the biggest players around? a level cap and an attack range would be nice too i think. Let the big boys fight while the small figh grow. Think it's not a bad formula

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 2:07 pm 
Page
Page

SEI Name: SpaceDoG
katana the resolution for newbie bashing would be completely different. I don't know if you ever played Space Merchant but they implemented a player skill ranking system. You would have to complete certain tasks in order to essentially level up your account. They would have multiple games running with level limits. If you were a Veteran player and ranked as such you wouldn't be allowed to play a Newbie game. If you did join a Newbie game as a Veteran it was as a player guide. As a PG you couldn't attack or be attacked. Instead you would be put within a Newbie alliance that new players joined and would help guide/mold their experience within the game.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 2:24 pm 

SEI Name: Spooky
Space merchants had a damn fine idea and it could be a great solution here in the future.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 3:49 pm 
Page
Page

well yeah, but first: player base ^^

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 4:22 pm 
Page
Page

player base is the biggest hurdle

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 5:33 pm 
Squire
Squire

I could just imagine that veteran system in the current metagame. I would only be able to play versus DL :p

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 5:57 pm 
Page
Page

Nah grady would probably be in there too along with some others. I would say most everyone over like level 60 or like 50 but with x amount of goods traded and x amount of npc or pc kills.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 1:15 am 
Page
Page

perhaps also: give players with less xp a bonus, and slot the ones with most xp down?

or, make xp less relevant. Sure it should give you an advantage... but not so big that you simply cant even touch the. It's like your missiles al go banana's all of the sudden. At least few should always hit.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 10:19 am 

SEI Name: Claude
Heya everybody! Been a minute, but here's my 2 cents.

Would it be possible to have a gui design that is still lightweight, but not based off of tables? SEI's basic interface hasn't changed in a loooong long time... perhaps make the new design dynamic as well so if anyone wants to play or check on their phones or tablets it looks better?

I know nooooobody wants to invest the time into it, but i still think that having a coherent back-story and lore about the races, universe and ships makes it easier to create a connection with new players. I wonder if there's somewhere online where you could petition artists/digital artists to create some concept art for it too.

Not quite sure what the EXP-to-combat effectiveness ratio is right now (assuming it's still close to what it used to be, then anyone/thing above 10 turns your level, and you're teh uber, ya?) however, would you be able to insert a cap to the effectiveness of levels into combat equations? Start small and scale back exp-benefits over a round or three so there isn't such a huge discrepancy between lvl50 and lvl110?

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 2 of 3   [ 24 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next