It is currently Fri Dec 15, 2017 10:08 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 19 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Round 64 Ending Early / Round 65 Info
PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 10:17 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

SEI Name: Milo
Round 64 of SEI's Omega sector will be ending on Sunday August 19th at 16:00 Server Time. The short round is due to the oopsie on interest rates. A brief chaos round will follow while a few changes are made (more info on that will be posted tomorrow).

If you have any ideas for changes before then, please head on over to the Ideas & Suggestions forum.

Please Note: Trophies will not be awarded as normal. A participation trophy will be awarded to all players.

-Milo

Round 65 Changes:

• The interest rate has been lowered to 2.5% and will now accumulate during the daily maintenance instead of the hourly.
  • Weapons on ships can now be reordered on the ship details screen.
  • Scout Arrays now cost 1 million credits (up from 5000).
  • Scout Arrays can now be sold for 25% of their purchase cost.
  • Repair Bots now cost 5 tech (down from 10).

The game will remain in Chaos until 11:00 Server Time tomorrow (Monday, Aug 20th). At this time the game will be reset but remained paused until 23:00 Server Time (12 hours later) to allow all players a chance to sign up before turns begin to accumulate.

Stay tuned to this post for updates.

Post subject: Re: Round 64 Ending Early
PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 10:50 pm 
Page
Page

SEI Name: Seipher
I think we should still get trophies.I put a lot of time and effort into repping out so fast and building up a good cash reserve not to mention time spent leveling.We did get a good early lead due to good starting tactics and money usage.But I think the time I put in deserves the trophies.After all we received trophies for Alpha and it was only Alley,Brandy and myself that played.It is crappy for others we started off very hardcore,but we did put in the time and effort.Anybody else agree?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 11:45 pm 
Squire
Squire

I didn't hear anywhere about trophies not happening... So I think you're safe there Seipher :)

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 11:47 pm 
Page
Page

Please Note: Trophies will not be awarded as normal. A participation trophy will be awarded to all players.

That is in milo's message...

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 11:51 pm 
Squire
Squire

oh lol, I only read your message.

ah well. I don't mind. Look at it this way there's also the persistance that counts towards earning a trophy and this round that part of the round is not there.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 11:53 pm 
Page
Page

I did work hard and exploded past most people in most aspects,that deserves more than just a participation trophy in my opinion,sorry just seems a bit unfair.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 1:47 am 
Squire
Squire

milo wrote:

-Milo

seipher187 wrote:
I did work hard and exploded past most people in most aspects,that deserves more than just a participation trophy in my opinion,sorry just seems a bit unfair.

I've been thinking about this. Here's the 2 sides to the coin

For medals should be awarded:
  • The round is taking about as long as most alpha rounds.
  • And the way the round works has had to be discovered, which is like most other rounds.

For medals should NOT be awarded:
  • The difficulty is not as high, and balanced towards those that simply start the round earlier
  • The prices don't affect what you do, only your faction/lvl's do
  • Length of the round is 9 days, which is pretty short

I can definitly see reasons for and against, so maybe the concept of trophies does need to be discussed some more.

For myself I have had to make decisions which helped benefit me compared to other players this round, otherwise I would not have been so successfull.

First example, I got to 100k rebel faction and discovered how quickly I'd need the faction rather than the xp, based on knowledge from previous rounds I realized that the excess of cash could compensate for the lack of lvl's when raiding/hunting. So I quickly turned back to galactic and fallen faction zones and got the faction I needed.

For my second example allure's rock that I raided an hour ago. I really only had 5 minutes to think up a stratagy build the ships I needed and raid the rock. And than not forget to claim it. I ended up raiding it with less than 15 seconds to spare.

Do I think this effort was as hard as the persistance of previous rounds, well it isn't that far off really.

Regards,

Alley

edit: changed cash to xp, since I ment faction was needed more than xp, due to xp being overcome by the excess cash.

edit2: added milo's comment in the NOT section for it being 9 days

Last edited by Alley on Sun Aug 19, 2012 5:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 5:37 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

SEI Name: Milo
It's not about if people put in effort or not, it's about the fact that the round will only be 9 days long (which is much shorter than alpha).

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 5:52 am 
Squire
Squire

added to the comparison.

As far as alpha's
They've been anywhere from 1-6 weeks, with the average being around 4 weeks. over the past 2 years. They've normally started after the start of the omega, and often stop at the same time as the omega sector ends. Mind you I think we've only had 3-4 alpha's in that time so I don't have a huge sample to base this on.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 9:59 am 
Page
Page

The point is the effort,participation and competition.This round has all three.Me and allure are in an exp battle,and since we are close in exp it can also make for good fights in space and planet raiding wars...Every player started off with the same things and we did well we should be rewarded :)

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 19 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next