It is currently Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:21 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 2 of 2   [ 19 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: Re: Round 64 Ending Early
PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 11:32 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

SEI Name: Milo
Note the time change reflected in the first post.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 1:28 pm 
Squire
Squire

alley wrote:
For medals should NOT be awarded:

The difficulty is not as high, and balanced towards those that simply start the round earlier
The prices don't affect what you do, only your faction/lvl's do
Length of the round is 9 days, which is pretty short

seipher187 wrote:
The point is the effort,participation and competition.This round has all three.Me and allure are in an exp battle,and since we are close in exp it can also make for good fights in space and planet raiding wars...Every player started off with the same things and we did well we should be rewarded :)

mm, actually I realised that those reasons are reasons the medals aren't as worthy as previous rounds. Those reasons aren't really why it shouldn't be awarded.

I think the main reason would be if it wouldn't be something that the players who have received awards feel is acceptable, as being part of the awards.

I thought of this when I realised seipher is still wanting awards as rewards. I don't mind as both I'd get rewards but also I've already got plenty. So I'm going to ask DragonLord since he's clearly a player who has received a lot of rewards before. We can also check with allure at this point in time.

I'd just like for players not to feel hard done by the decision and that it's clear why the awards are or are not awarded. As it can be a very frustrating thing to think you're working for something and than to feel it taken away. As known by players starting court cases because their ingame characters suddenly didn't have certain items any more. Not that we're that extreme.

edit:

Dragonlord wrote:
DragonLord says: 2 Min(s) ago
i think trophies hould be
awarded, after all, we did
nothing wrong, we did work
for what he have
accomplished this round,
just as other rounds, but
milo has the final say so,

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 1:49 pm 
Squire
Squire

dragonlord wrote:

Clan Chat
DragonLord says: 28 Sec(s) ago
we might consider this
rounds as a test round for
milo to see how the
interest thingy worked,
maybe he did us a favor and
opened the game for us all
to try out instead of
having just a few players
test it, and then have
others saying, well, it
isnt fairm they had
previous knowledge of how
and when to use the banking
system.THIS IS NOT TRUE,
everyone had a chance to
play this round and
experience the awsome cash
flow. so it is thier fault
if they did not correctly
execute the proper use of
the bank. with this being
said, i can be big enough
and not worry about
trophies, as Alley has
pointed out, i have enough
to let this one go:):)

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 1:54 pm 
Squire
Squire

ok This is something true as well, I would like to quote milo, but I don't have the quote left from IRC lol.

From what I remember milo did mention that what you implemented at the start of this round to add to this round in regards to the interest, was something simple you wanted to try out, that wasn't hard to implement. You can let us know in your own words ofcourse.

What I will add, though is and this is because this thread seems to be completly and utterly focussed on are awards correct, length of round and interest rates.

This round was also still in large part similar to previous rounds. There is a lot more to Seinfinium than just what's happened this round.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 2:42 pm 

SEI Name: dragonlord
there are some good points here, everyone needs to be aware, like alley said, theres more to SEI than just killing and getting exp and money

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 3:18 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

My feelings on trophies are this:

Some strategies are based off knowing that you'll have two months of game play. So, let's say for example you're leading in DomScore right now. Someone else was planning on trading for the first two weeks and then shipping into larger ships at a higher player level. They could then potentially go on to dominate you for the rest of the round. But wait, the round only lasted a week, blew that plan out of the water. Do you really deserve a reward for beating them? I don't think so. There are plenty of other similar examples.

Rankings change all the time, part of winning the round is the strategy used to get to the end. I just don't feel like people that zerged one aspect or another deserve a full rounds worth of trophies for one week of play.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 4:34 pm 

SEI Name: dragonlord
well said milo, i fully agree

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 4:48 pm 
Squire
Squire

Milo wrote:
My feelings on trophies are this:

Some strategies are based off knowing that you'll have two months of game play. So, let's say for example you're leading in DomScore right now. Someone else was planning on trading for the first two weeks and then shipping into larger ships at a higher player level. They could then potentially go on to dominate you for the rest of the round. But wait, the round only lasted a week, blew that plan out of the water. Do you really deserve a reward for beating them? I don't think so. There are plenty of other similar examples.

Rankings change all the time, part of winning the round is the strategy used to get to the end. I just don't feel like people that zerged one aspect or another deserve a full rounds worth of trophies for one week of play.

well unlike DL, I don't quite fully agree. There's also events, clanm8es and all kinds of other factors that effect your round, besides plans.

And goals are sometimes singular(bae for xp). Actually a lot of rounds players focus on just 1 or 2 aspects.

However I do feel you've given us the why now, so Seipher should be satisfied. Which means at least we won't have anybody too frustrated about this.

Thanks for the update Milo. And I'll leave it at this as so far it's been helpfull. More info from me would probably bug you, hehe.

edit: OH NOES more info, hahaha, but this 1 you'll like.

That's 1 incredibly COOOL AWARD!!! INTEREST, the most interesting round ever. I laughed so hard!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 5:44 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

First post updated with chaos/reset times.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 2 of 2   [ 19 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2