|A Gentleman's Agreement Thread
|Page 1 of 1|
|Author:||Alley [ Mon May 11, 2015 3:00 pm ]|
|Post subject:||A Gentleman's Agreement Thread|
Something that's occured round after round is that during the round things happen, and the various sides/clans try and make things ok after they've happened, through all kinds of agreements that are mostly similar, but not quite the same.
I figured it would be a good idea to try and make a collection.
If everybody puts up what they feel is a few good gentleman's rules to go by, maybe we can try following them from the start of a round rather than bumping into all kinds of things happening that we don't really want to happen, or that might demotivate part of the player-base.
Let me get this started.
1. Don't attack players more than 20 levels below your own(on purpose). I'm adding that extra pointer, since 1 time I attacked a player called privateer because he had a red name was in the pirate allegiance's zones, and didn't realise it was a player. Sometimes your brain just won't figure stuff out on time.
2. Don't claim another players planets (raiding them is fine), this will including claiming and unclaiming. So don't make them owned by nobody either. Just keep your own planets, please!
3. Leave players scouts alone unless you're needing to activly use the location. Raiding within a sector for example is a good reason to clear the drones at the wormholes and the specific sector you are in. Trading is a reason to clear those above the ports you are trading to. Often the scouts will be there for non-malicious reasons. Such as just figuring out when is a good time to move around the universe hunting for artifacts. Or knowing if anybody is trying to examine your planet.
4. Don't get put off by adversity, we've all been on the losing side once in a while.
5. This last 1 seems to be quite hard. Try and be honest in your communication's. The more often you say stuff that's actually different, the harder it is for people to depend on what you're saying. In the end we don't know if we're just playing the way we're supposed to, or if we're bullying.
Guess I'll add a 6th for advisors
For advisors: Always respond to questions, even if all you can say is, you don't know and suggesting an alternative source of information.
I'm definitly mising something, but for some reason I can't seem to figure it out.
|Page 1 of 1||All times are UTC - 7 hours|
|Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group