It is currently Mon Jun 18, 2018 9:27 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 3 posts ]
 Post subject: Planet limit adjustment
PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 10:23 am 

SEI Name: ABren
Unlimited planets per player. To keep it reasonable & fair I would suggest that the building level for all of your planets be cumulative (IE if you have two planets, one with 499 colonist houses and one with 40, it costs the same to build the next house on either planet [lvl 540 colonist house]). Cost should be the limiting factor to how many planets you can have.

Post subject: Re: Planet limit adjustment
PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 1:54 pm 
Squire
Squire

ABren wrote:
Alley, we can discuss more over on the other threads, but I don't think most of my suggestions would make a major difference. For example, a planet-based port or equip shop only encourages commerce & interaction between players, it doesn't offer a distinct advantage. Unlimited planets isn't much of a change either - with the current (or maybe slightly adjusted) cost model, having more than two or three planets becomes cost-prohibitive if building levels are cumulative between planets. To fully populate three planets, you would have to build the equivalent of level 1500 colonist houses. It's expensive to weaponize one planet, imagine the exponential cost of defending the second or third.

I agree about a change in dynamics if aggro drones are introduced, but I am not that interested in those, it was just a thought to spice up gameplay.

You'd know how planets can be abused owning multiples if you get around to play single player deathmatch. We've done those occassionally and it's more common than not to steal eachothers planets to gain an advantage between 3 days and 2 weeks into the game.

Post subject: Re: Planet limit adjustment
PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 2:00 pm 

SEI Name: ABren
Not sure what you mean by that, but that's kinda my point - of you can't afford to defend a planet, you aren't likely to keep it very long. So in that respect it isn't much different than having a hard limit.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 3 posts ]